Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Run TO Rock Creek Road ANd the Big Uphill!

Today I ran from Ashlee's place at Rowena Lane and headed out across the gap at I-35 towards the West-side of Norman. I ran the usual path out on 36th street NW and passed OK Runner and the Brookhaven village.  The run took me out by the water tower at Rock Creek Road and I made a left on the intersection and decided to head down the road in a new direction.  The run was so nice to get a different location in the books and  I really enjoyed the Rock Creek section.  The whole run I was amazed at how many housing developments and different through-streets I have never been to nor run to.  The amount of uncharted territory here is monumental!  As I crested Rock Creek Road I could look out and see that I was up on a huge ridge overlooking Newcastle, OK.  I shot down the steep downhill right by the Rock Creek Polo Club! Huh! Now I realized that this route took me to the polo club that  I noticed on one of my other runs out this way.  I have been getting my homework done and I am so excited to figure out what I am going to study and research when I go to graduate school!  School is almost over and this run really made me feel so grateful for these fours years I have put into myself both athletically and academically.

May  1st I will run the OKC marathon 12k Relay Leg where I will look to run sub 38 minutes!

May 12th may be the night I run my track 10k at OBU where I hope to run under 30:30 and maybe even crack 30 minutes and run in the 29's

For work, I have a tournament to work on April 30th, Saturday, where I will be meeting Sooner football legends such as Bob Stoops, Barry Switzer, Billy Sims, Jason White, Sam Bradford, and many others!

My Run totaled 76 minutes! I was able to get in 12.7 miles!

Happy Running Everyone and enjoy the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment