Thursday, April 28, 2011

It is all about the Benjamins!

Today has been a long day! I woke up at 8am, worked on homework and cleaned my room, finished some laundry and then I previewed our new condo, ran to class, took photos of the Oklahoma campus in full-green for my arboretum project and then just finished up my run.

I decided to run around all of the OU campus and the sun was in its last stages so the temps felt nice and cool.  We have a few more days until Sunday's OKC marathon relay and I am anxious to run!  I can say that I have been run really hard these past few weeks with school, work, running, and preparation for graduation, the summer, and the future.  I have done some random research on places I am curious about for starting careers and Kentucky surprisingly enough has caught my attention. This does not mean I am packing my bags and moving to Kentucky, but there is more to the parks system here than meets the eye.  What I really like is the fact that it is a diverse state, the climate is mild and nice, there are parks, historic sites, resorts, and golf courses that are integrated into the parks system.  To me, this integration idea of meshing golf courses and state parks is brilliant and I want in!  I think that creating a golf course that is in a serene location and can act as a get-away for people so that they can enjoy the resort/park/golf course this serves the multi-use capabilities that I am so fascinated with when it comes to golf course management and park management.

I would like to be one of the first park managers to create golf courses that also provide activities for the running community and promote the course for runners to use and to enjoy.  I think with everything that I have been exposed to in my four years here at OU, I think I am on to something and I have a year or two to really do some research and help create a testable thesis that might be the basis for my graduate school work.  I am really excited about my running career and my future living and job situation.  For now, I just have to take it one day at a time but we can always hope right!

RUn: 70 minutes---11 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment