Sunday, April 3, 2011

It is getting Hot in Oklahoma!

Today I met with the OK runner crew and we ended up running a nice long run of around 17-18 miles. We met up at The Wesheimer Airport at OU and headed out all around Norman at around 8:30am.  Already the temperature was hovering around 72 degrees and it was only going to get hotter. The run took us from Robinson street all the way to the OU Law school building for a nice water break and then back through the neighborhoods all the way back to Westheimer.  The run felt great as we went out running at a decent clip before cutting down to 5:40 minute miles for the last 6 miles and the last mile we split 5:36 in the heat and the crazy gusts of like 45mph.  The run felt good and I feel like it is just the beginning of what running in the hot Oklahoma summers will be like!

After the run  I was pretty tired but then met up with Ashlee and we hit the town!  We even went to the Medieval Fair right in Norman's Reaves Park where there are knights jousting, lush turkey legs, and even an elephant.  The weather was super hot with the temperature in the 90's and the wind howling and blowing dust and grass onto our faces.  This week I think I will continue to build on my mileage and my overall fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment