Monday, March 14, 2011

No Run Today---The Day From Hell

Sunday began the time change and I had to be at work today by 1pm.  Gans is about 2 and a half hours away from Oklahoma City so it can be quite a haul.  We woke up at 7am and ate a quick breakfast and shot out the door by 9am. It was great to see her family.  We only managed about 50 miles on the trip and my car gave a sudden "HUM" "CLUNK" CLANKY" CLANK".  The rpms revved from 2 thousand to between 3 and 4 thousand. Something was wrong. We pulled over off of a exit ramp and then suddenly my car died. The accelerator was doing nothing.  Pushing the car in neutral was virtually impossible.  The thoughts crossing through my mind was oh crap...my transmission is gone. And I do not want to pay up to 3 thousand dollars to have my car fixed.  I have work at 1pm and I am thinking well, that is not going to happen and I realize I will need those hours of work just to sustain myself after this car episode has completed itself.

The minutes felt like hours as we were stranded in Warner, Oklahoma.  Warner was a super small town right off of I-40.  Luckily, we were able to reach Ashlee's parents to help us push the car into a safe place, to lend me one of their trucks and to help get my car looked at.  After the long debacle, we left Ashlee's parents at 12pm.  I manage to make it to work by 2:50pm and then work my ass off trying to not only make tips but sort out how to tow my car.  It was a whirlwind of stress.

And throughout all of this I knew I was not going to run at all.  Monday will hopefully be a day where I will be able to get a nice long run in to relieve me of all this stress.  And I thank Ashlee and her kind parents for helping me out.

They say my car might have a broken front axle which is way better than a destroyed transmission. Anyway, throughout all this compounded stress I pray I will get to see my grandmother for spring break! I hope and pray and if I have no vehicle to do so...Im Biking there and you are invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment