Monday, March 14, 2011

I NEEEEEED A VACATION!

Don't you just love when you work really hard, make some good money and then it just all disappears? Yeah, this could be the outcome of my week!

I am so nervous that I will not go anywhere for Spring Break! I have never been anywhere CRAZY FUN that I can remember. I always had track in high school or I worked or  I did not feel like spending the money going somewhere fun or pressuring my family to do so. I am a simple guy. I am perfectly contempt with hanging out with friends and family. Maybe I am different or maybe I am just normal.

This semester has been absolutely stress central.  Finding jobs, trying to graduate, worried about the girlfriend's monetary situation as well as her well-being, my finances, my future, finding places to live, getting exceptional grades, trying to feed myself enough food, trying to develop a race schedule, train upwards of 80,90,100 miles a week, trying to find time to relax, trying to create an OU arboretum project on campus, trying to find time to do something for myself and so many other little things.

In other words, I need for once in my life to do something for myself. For the most part, I think I am a very selfless guy.  I give money to people in need even when it will provide consequences for me later down the road, I do favors for people that are not easy, I do things for people before I do anything for myself...It is a lot of work!  I guessed I was raised pretty well. But this spring break, I want to do something FOR ME!

I want to have some time to relax and not worry about the crazy world we live in. I want to just have fun doing things that reflect my own personal interests.  I hope Branson will be that place and I desperately want to see my grandmother as she is getting up there in the age bracket.

Let Today's run serve as the beginning of my Spring Break Vacation Volume 2 because this weekend was not spring break for me but rather spring WORK, WORK, and STRESS, STRESS, STRESS!

I ran a total of 1 hour and 32 minutes and I went out along 36th street towards Noble and ran the hilly back-roads. The run felt calm and collected! Time to build up for some fast times!

No comments:

Post a Comment