Thursday, June 23, 2011

Roasting on the hills

Today I went out to run by the hills of Norman and by 9am the heat was already brutal.  Coming from running in New Hampshire, Oklahoma does not seem like such a nice place for the morning training run. I feel like I almost have to run at 6 or 7 to stand the chance of getting some quality efforts in before the heat just melts me.  I ran out on Robinson and by 45 minutes, I was in high demand for some water.  I ended my run short of 75 minutes and finished at 67 minutes so that I could refuel.  I ran 10.5 miles today and let me tell you the way my legs felt in terms of fatigue was the exact same outcome as the Mount Washington Road Race.  I am  about to email and link up with Parks departments at accredited Universities so I can forward the Graduate school process and I am also looking into brand sponsorship with my running.  Now that I am on the scene for distance running and mountain running, I am looking forward to proving my worth and hopefully gaining some deals.

I am currently looking into brands such as

Gore Running

Craft

Karhu

Inov8

Montrail

and a few others

I hope as I begin to race more and more my level of exposure will give me something special. But for now, being a part of the OK runner squad is fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment