Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mount Washington Bound

Yesterday Ashlee and myself walked all over Manhattan probably trekking around 20 miles as we just decided walking was more efficient than the subway!  It was a great day where we had a characature of ourselves drawn and we saw sights such as Grand Central Station, Times Square, Central Park and many of the big tourists traps well actually all of them.  It was a long 12 hour day in NYC but it was so much fun and I loved NYU and Greenwich Village and really the whole city is pretty splendid.


Today I met up with Matt Boley and ran out in Princeton out to the Princeton XC course out at the Windsor Fields.  It was great to see him again after a long and busy year and to notice the fact that he has great running aspirations.  We went out on a 70 minute excursion and it was a great time.  For my last run in New Jersey before I am shipped off to New Hampshire, I really enjoyed it and I am hopeful that I can potentially win this thing. Or.... at least finish!

I have studied the race videos and thought about my form while out on my runs for weeks and weeks and I truly feel I am ready.  This race is just the beginning and I am looking forward to the official start of something MAGICAL!  May this hill not be my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment