Thursday, August 4, 2011

Out on the Roads!!

1 hour and 26 minutes 58 seconds!   15.7 miles!  With this water bottle, I can go longer and longer! Today I ran hills off from Alameda and then 60th ave.  I looped up towards Tecumseh and then ran out towards 12th ave and then back home.  It was not as hot as it has been this morning but it was HUMID! I chugged the gatorade in my hydration bottle in the first 20 minutes of the run then I was in conserve mode and kept the last 8 ounces as a keep-sake.  I feel like my endurance is fantastic right now and I am itching to race and show what I am made of.

I am excited about becoming a real pro trail runner and the responsibilities that come with it.  Pretty soon I can apply for sponsorship with Inov 8, Montrail, La Sportiva and North Face to see if maybe I can get some financial backing or other deals.  I have run pretty fast times but I just need more wins and more race exposure. Trail running is growing and I am excited with the direction of the sport.  I would like to be apart of this growing trend and to help revolutionize the way people think about running and really how much fun and challenging it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment