Saturday, December 10, 2011

Racing List for Backwoods!!!!!

This week I was able to log 87 miles of work and my average was 12.4 miles a day!  I am feeling very strong and I am getting myself into that shape that wins titles!  I have to say that this cold weather really allows for me to run longer and faster than ever before!

Now that my racing is taking a break, it is now time to plan my next races for the winter and spring of 2012.  With Backwoods as one of my sponsors, I would like to provide them a rough sketch of races I would like to run!



January 28, 2012--Sooner State Trail Series Draper Lake 14 mile trail run!  Looking to run a fast time and to set a record for the 14 mile distance! First race of the New Year ready to begin the season right and to prepare for the White Rock Classic.


February 4th, 2012---White Rock Classic---White Rock Mountain near Mountainburg Arkansas.  50k distance with large amounts of elevation gain about 3,500 ft of elevation gain and 1900 descent! Tough trail race where I would look to break the record of 3:58:27 set by Stan Ferguson in 2000.  I would be shooting for a 3:30:00 time or faster which is under 7 mins a mile.  A 3:30:00 performance would be a record that would stand for many years to come!

March 10, 2012--Sooner Spring Tune-up 10k--Looking to be 3-time defending champion at the race.  Also looking to run a time under 31 minutes if conditions are reasonable.


I may run some other local road/trail races in the area as my work schedule dictates.

Will be looking to peak for A2A Arbuckles to Ardmore Marathon/Half Marathon--Sunday, April 1, 2012.  I will be running either the half or marathon but will probably run the half in preparation for the OKC marathon at the end of the month.

April 29,2012---OKC marathon...I will be looking to run a sub 2:30 time and also to win the race in my first attempt at a competitive marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment