Monday, April 22, 2013

Training for Week of April 22nd

Monday---Nice run out at Limehollow--- 80 minutes through the snowmobile trails. The sun was out and though I felt a little tired but I managed a solid trail run through Limehollow Nature Center. My legs have seen better days but I am running with the hopes of recovering for the my first race May 4th at the Allegany Trail Run in Salamanca, NY.



http://www.dromeus.com/mammut-2013-trail-running-shoe-preview/

Thank you for the amazing photos !!!!!

Great review and pictures of the new Mammut Trail Running Line:

The full line of MTR Mammut trail running shoes!!!!!!


The amazingly light MTR hydration pack. I have had the chance to wear the pack in a few efforts and I have never been into pack running but this 7 liter pack can carry so much and still is so light weight and comfortable. Mammut has done such a nice job here.  The pack has pockets for gels, water bottles, wind shells, you name it, this pack can get it done.


MTR 71 grip--could be a nice all-terrain training shoe for myself! Iguana tread!

MTR 71
Could this shoe have the potential of being a trail-road hybrid? I am going to test it out soon!


MTR 141!!!!
Love this shoe! The toe flex is so perfect. It allows for me to fly up any steep uphill section.


MTR 201--My current Racer!!!
Took it out on a muddy run and the grip is insane. This shoe has enough cushioning but is so versatile for every type of terrain as well as distance!

MTR 201 Dynemma--Might be my next racer for the Cayuga Trails and Beyond!



Tuesday---Woke up and went for a solid loop up along Blue Creek Road and then back through Homer to home base.  Ran about 75 minutes and with the sunshine and a nice cool 38 degree morning, I was able to get in some quality work.  

I have also just signed up for the Can-Lake 50 miler Oct 12, 2013 where I hope I can set a course record and solidify myself as one of the better ultra runners out there.  The course travels around Canandaigua Lake with nice hills and spectacular views of the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York.


April 24, 2013---Nice hilly run through Virgil NY. 82 minutes and about 14 miles

April 25--Light 55 minute shake-out run out along Lighthouse Hill Road then up the steep Ames Road hill.  The morning was nice and cool. I am working on finishing up my paper for my Environmental Policy paper which has been quite the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment