Monday, June 4, 2012

RUn in the Rain and the Towpath Tempo in The MUD!

I have my sights sets for the College Avenue Mile this weekend at Rutgers University this Sunday, June 10th.  I hope to run a great time and I have out in more quality speed then normal.  The other day, I had a fun-filled run out along the Cook Preserve with Ashlee in the soaking rain. The run was so special as the green lush trees encapsulated us along this small picturesque trail.

The next day, I hit the towpath and surged a great 5k of 16:45 on the wet and soggy dirt road after already running 8 strong miles at 6-6:15 pace or so. I tracked off the towpath and ran through Griggstown which is a nice little place and the woods provided great shelter and shade as I made my way back home.  With my new Karhu Stable 2 shoes, I feel that I am ready to fly like the wind and my strength is beginning to come back to me. As I continue to increase my volume back to 80-90 miles a week, I look to feel that strength come back to me again that I feel like I have missed since the OKC marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment