Sunday, June 3, 2012

Princeton Reunion 5k

Yesterday, Ashlee and myself woke up for my little 5k set at the Princeton University West Windsor Fields. I have come to know that course well as well as all the time spent painting lines for the Princeton Sports Camps.  It was a nice morning for running.  I laced on those La Sportiva Vertical K shoes for my first outing in them.  The 5k was more or less like a local cross country race as the grass was a little high for a rugged trail shoe.  As I started the race my 5:05 opening mile tired my legs as the deep grass really posed a challenge.  I went through 2 miles in 10:16 and then slowed dramatically up the last slight incline to the finish. I ran 16:31 for the race as it turned out to be more of a workout than a tough race but still was a ton of fun.  Ashlee cheered me to victory as the Princeton Tiger Mascot gave me many high fives at the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment