Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Snowshoe Nationals---Only a few days away

Tuesday March 12----Ran at Limehollow Nature Center after work. THere has been on and off rain here that has taken away all of the snow.  As I set out on my run, I was slipping and sliding on straight ice and actually fell multiple times.  I ran very relaxed because with only a few days out from the big race in Oregon, a simple fall could cost me so  I took it easy. I broke trail on any icy section, and ran tough on the wet gullies and was drenched.  Limehollow, truly has miles upon miles of trail which is nice. I love the Wilderness Way section which is about 2.5 miles long and winds through the best birdwatching sections in the nature preserve.  My pace was not blazing but I did manage to run a solid 80 minute run for about 12.7 miles which is due to my pace once I was off of ice.

My trip to Bend, Oregon is going to a great trip as I hope to make the National team. Training has been going really well and I feel like I am in shape to really make a difference at Nationals and to hopefully put my name out there as one of the best endurance athletes around.  I would like to thank Bob Dion of Dion Snowshoes for getting me some awesome gear for nationals and of course Chris Dunn of Acidotic Racing who has been a great mentor and friend in the sport of snowshoe and I hope to represent well for both.  For my new sponsor Mammut, I hope I can bring some credibility to the company and share what great things are happening at Mammut.  For my friends and family in NJ, NY,  TN, and OK, I hope to represent you well.  This trip signifies a lot for me; for once, I have made it as a competitive athlete. I have spent my days dreaming of competing at the highest level and this race signifies an opportunity to truly test myself and showcase my ability.  At the ripe age of 24, I feel I have entered the beginning of my elite running career and I hope I can inspire and prove to people that hard work truly pays off. If you are competing in Bend, I will see you there.  Be safe and on Saturday , all will be decided.  Top 5 gets you a spot on the USA Snowshoe National Team.  Can it happen?  You never know but I can assure you that I will be giving it all I have!  Thank you again everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment